Monday, October 24, 2011

A Little Witch

For Halloween this year, I wanted to try my hand at making a costume for Stella as opposed to buying one. I did not want to set the bar too high as this was my first attempt at making any type of wearable piece of clothing for her. So I gave her a couple different options to choose from and from those choices she chose a Bad Witch - good witch or bad witch, it was going to be the same costume, I just assumed her attitude would make it 'good' or 'bad' ;)

I made the tutu and her cape. Don't ask me how I made the cape because I did not use a pattern (have no idea how to read one), and I hardly know how to use my sewing machine, so it's a miracle that it came together in the first place. And it was by a complete stroke of luck that it turned out reversible (added bonus!!).

The tutu was actually quite easy. I used tutorials from youtube to make a no-sew tutu.  I liked this tutorial and used it to create Stella's tutu.



As you can see by the above face, Stella did not feel like modeling for me today, so unfortunately you cannot see the details of her costume, but I'm surprisingly proud of how it came out, and she actually loved it too, so all's well that ends well!

Happy Trick-o-Treating Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. and I can't believe you made that - I thought it looked adorable, I should have guessed it was handmade.

    ReplyDelete