Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dresser all Dressed Up

Awhile back I inherited a worn down, beat up and broken dresser. It wasn't anything pretty to look at, but it was FREE! So I used some elbow grease and my imagination. I love the shabby chic look, so I shot for that. The dresser went from this




to this


To get this look I had to sand the entire piece first, prime it and then paint it. To distress it I just started sanding again in areas where I knew wear would naturally happen.


The dresser also originally came with hideous custom handles, which did not match the look I wanted. So I removed all the hardware, placed some wood filler in all the holes prior to painting, and drilled new holes for the new hardware. I found these knobs on Amazon for a fraction of the cost other sites were selling them for.



Overall, I'm just happy that I have a dresser to put close into again (instead of them balled up on the floor), but I'm pretty happy with how it looks too! 

1 comment: