Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mothers out there! May your day be spent with loved ones and filled with joy and laughter.
For two very special Moms in particular, my own mother and my mother in law, I want to wish you a special Happy Mother's Day and say THANK YOU for all that you do for our family! We certainly cold not get by in our day to day life with out the two of you!
So this year, I wanted to make a special keepsake for each (as opposed to my usual go-to choice, a gift card). I made a custom birdhouse for each, and enrolled the help of my own daughter to help me find the materials.
This is a relatively easy (yet time consuming) project. First start off by collecting your materials. I used pine cones (for the roof and embellishments), twigs, birch bark, moss, and dried flowers to create this look. You want to give your finds a few days to dry out before hot gluing the pieces to your bird house.
Either use an existing birdhouse or make your own, and then layer the pieces with hot glue. Note: You need A LOT of hot glue sticks!
I love how they turned out! And hopefully my mothers will love them too!
These are adorable! I may try and do this around my house!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Sarah.
ReplyDelete