Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ouchie Mouchie!

Stella just recently began saying "Ouchie Mouchie" every time she gets a boo boo, so I only thought it fitting for this post for I have a crafting boo boo. 

I've been wanting to finish up her step stool, for she is becoming a little too heavy for this Mama to be lifting (the Doctor just informed me my 2 year old weighs 40 lbs!!). I had a free afternoon, so why not bust out the power tools and git-r-done?!  Well, one thing the warning section of my drill manual forgot to mention is that when you strip a screw head with said drill, you need to allow that screw to cool off for some time after. It gets hot!!! Now this might seem like common sense to most, but for a wood crafting amateur I was not prepared for the hotness =(

Case and Point

So FYI for all you fellow crafters, do not touch screw heads after drilling! 

On a better note, Stella's stool is almost finished and just needs some sanding and a coat paint! Yay for no more back strain ;)

1 comment:

  1. I did not know that! :) Hope your hand feels better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete