Friday, March 25, 2011

Better than a Sheet!

First. 
I miss my camera. I have been sans camera for almost 2 weeks. Hopefully it will be back in action starting tomorrow. 

Second.
I've been a busy gal.

Third.
I found this picture on my memory card and needed to share the wonder that is Redi Shade.


I was having a huge dilemma with light in Stella's room. I needed something to cover her windows for nap time, but couldn't commit to curtains (not a great idea with my 2 year old anyway), didn't want to invest in expensive blinds, and I refused to hang sheets. So off to Hope Depot I went!

I spoke with an employee there, told her my dilemma and she suggested Redi Shades. They are paper temporary shades that you can custom fit to any window. Just measure, cut, and stick to the inside of your window frame. Here's the best part: they're $5!!

How do they go up and down? The shade comes with two clips (think plastic clothe pins) that pinch the pleats after you fold it to your desired height. The clips are hideous, but I just hide them in the back of the shade. Out of site, out of Stella's reach of play, happy mommy!

I selected the room darkening shade. It works very well! I am very happy with how it looks in Stella's room and I don't care if they get ruined because I only spent $10 total for two windows!

Yay for cheap finds!


No comments:

Post a Comment