Sunday, March 27, 2011

Match Box Cuteness

When I was planning our wedding, I knew I wanted to hand craft our wedding gifts for our guests. During all of my scheming, I thought maybe homemade candles with personalized matches. Well, the candles... epic failure. But I did successfully make some home-made personalized match boxes, which I just rediscovered the other day in our unpacking.

I forgot how easy of a project this was, and plus they are super cute.


This is how these were made:

Supplies
Decorative Paper
Scissors
Match Box
Glue Stick
Bobby Pins




Cut select paper to the width of the match box.

Slide the matches out and unfold the outer shell of the matchbox

Take the unfolded shell and measure against paper. Make cut just short of the strike zone

Glue the outside of the shell to the inside of the paper (make sure that the strike zone is visible). Allow to dry flat (I place mine under a heavy book)

Refold, glue back of strike zone to the other end of the box shell. Secure with bobby pins.


Voila!  


So easy, so many possibilities ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment