What I have discovered in the 3 weeks that we've spent there is that this work is going to take not weeks, but months and even years!! Yikes!
So WTH, here are some pictures of our little place, or at least the first floor. The basement and 2nd floor will have to wait - they are still filled with boxes!
So WTH, here are some pictures of our little place, or at least the first floor. The basement and 2nd floor will have to wait - they are still filled with boxes!
Kitchen
Dining Room
Anxious to replace the hideous wooden/brass (who thought this combination wood be a good idea?!) chandelier!
Living Room (the Clean version)
I thought I had a bazillion books/dvds/pictures to fill the book shelves. Turns out I was wrong. Need to work on filling them (without making them look cluttered!).
Living Room (real life version)
The ugly chair.
Z and I acquired this gem in Canada - for free! It's hideous, but it is soooo comfy, and it swivels, and rocks, and it's just cool.
Anyone have tips for reupholstering??
I can refinish the wood portion beautifully, but I am clueless when it comes to fabric (and not very handy with a sewing machine, so slipcover is out!)
Come on crafty friends o' mine! How can I make this chair beautieous again??
wowza lady!
ReplyDeletelove so much about that house. those built in bookshelves are so gorgeous and love the white themes - looks so fresh and clean and classic.
and thanks for including a real life photo of your front room. I like your style!
oh - my reupholstering tip: - just know that you will work for every single penny you save doing it yourself.
ReplyDelete