Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We Have a Nest!

It's official! Z and I are homeowners! I  am so excited that we finally got our cute little cape! Of course it will need a lot of work (understatement), since it has not been updated since the 50's.  We haven't moved in yet, but we will be doing so soon!



The Starter Home, in all of her snowy glory!

We have already started updating here and there, and I will periodically be posting our projects on here.  Right now we are working on the kitchen and master bedroom, which will shortly be followed by a gutting in the broom closet I mean first floor bathroom (which is no bigger than a broom closet). 

Here are a few before pictures of what we are currently working on.
Master Bedroom. Wall Paneling. Eww.

Walk in Closet. Mint Green Walls. Bigger Eww.

Kitchen. The only room where we were actually able to take the wallpaper down. 

Lots and lots of painting to be done.

Not sure who thought this would be a good idea, but this is what was pulled down off of the walls. 

Funny story. The day before we closed the pipes burst, ruining the downstairs bathroom. Thus the gaping hole in the wall.

There has been just a little bit of damage to say the least. 

At least it gives us an excuse to reno the bathroom a little bit sooner than planned ;)

Stay tuned for our home reno projects!




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it. So much character ( the good kind) - you guys will have it fixed up in no time! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my dear - that is going to be a gorgeous home. you can see the potential, plus honestly, you have such incredible style you could make a double-wide stunning.
    so excited to watch the evolution.

    ReplyDelete